Sunday, November 2, 2008

End of Term

Today is my b-day and I was having a good day until I realized that I had to write this blog.  Well the end of term I guess ended and my grades were pretty good.  I think my parents kinda liked them, they're always telling me that I have to get a 4.0 or else.  I guess I have to, but a 3.9 is pretty good in my opinion.  The only reason I got that is because I'm a lousy spanish speaker, writer, and reader.  It's not my teachers fault, she was great.  I just am naturally horrible at spanish.  It just stinks.

I turned 15 today.  I woke up, got dressed, got ready for church, just joking; I'm not going to be telling you my entire agenda.  But I did wake up, get dressed, and got ready for church.  Yet when I woke up my brother was over my face ready to get me started with studying my drivers manual for my permit.  We laughed at some of the things that was in that manual.  Like if you switch gears on some train tracks then your car will stall.  Then if a collision is imminent, then (these are their words not mine), RUN TOWARD THE ONCOMING TRAIN!  We laughed forever when we saw that and then read after that reads at an angle to avoid the train.  Yet RUN TOWARD THE TRAIN was in all caps so we took that advice to heart so when we see a train, we're running at it.  Another thing that made us laugh is the driving at night policy which takes up a chapter of the book.  It says that you should always watch the road.  Pedestrians could DART in front of you car.  Now, I don't know anyone dumb enough to run in front of a car like you want it to hit you!  It just doesn't happen.   And many of the pictures here and there are pretty funny.  If you ever want to see what I'm talking about, get the Utah Driver Handbook 2007 edition for all the details.  I promise you that you will not be disappointed.  

I just did a word count and I'm 150 words from finishing.  I feel excited almost a complete term of honors english under my belt.  As well as good grades I've been in a better mood about school than last year.  So, let's think here, what can I write?  Oh I know, I'll say stuff about Halloween.  I didn't do a whole lot of the trick or treating.  I feel that I've gotten a bit too old for that, and I'm already missing the days as a kid of 8-10.  It doesn't make me feel old, but yeah.  As for Halloween, all I did was hang out at a friends house and watch a movie, football, hot chocolate, just a lot of stuff that would be impossible to mention right now.  So the trick or treating I just down his street, I didn't get a lot, but it was enough for me. 

No comments: