Sunday, May 3, 2009

Big Brothers

The thing about big brothers is that they seem to get the last say in almost everything. Like if I want to get a new game that I think would be very cool and almost everyone else thinks so. If I went to him and asked him to buy it and I thought that he would enjoy the game as well, he would have the deciding vote as to if we get the game or not. Now I know that's very personal and very specific and yes there is a story behind that but I won't let you in on that little part of my life.

And I was just playing some light basketball in the rain and jumping on the trampoline with some neighbors. And I thought that it was super easy and that I didn't exert myself at all. Sure enough when I get back inside I sit next to my dad and he says if I've been sweating. I said of course not, that it was the easiest exercise ever, but he thought I was. And as a matter of fact I do smell I tiny bit, but how do you sweat in the rain when you're hardly doing a thing?!

And I remember back to the good old days, when I was young, carefree, and enjoyed the simple Legend of Zelda game on the old Nintendo 64. Now I'm a teenager, have to worry about the deciding grades for high school and if I'm going to get into a good college, and only satisfied with a game if it has good grafics. Yet I still enjoy the classic Nintendo 64. A lot changes in just 7 years. I wish that I could go back in time and relieve the good old days. Those were the times that I could relax and not have to worry about writing 500 words every week (which isn't that hard anymore).

When I was young, I could get away with reading the silliest children books, like some of my favorites were the old bionicle series books. Not so sure why I used to like them, but hey, I was a kid. Now I have to read some of the more challenging books like The Count of Monte Cristo, A Tale of Two Cities, and To Kill a Mockingbird, which isn't required in this class but my dad and older brother told me to read it so I thought I would give it a shot. Turns out that I still haven't started it yet and I need to hurry or I'll fall behind.

Oh, and my mom always tells me that I should check this post for grammar mistakes and to make sure that it makes sense every time. It always requires no further examination besides copying it into Microsoft word and then checking for any grammar or spelling mistakes. And I always seem to procrastinate this blog until the second before we have to watch a movie or something. And one more question for Mr. T, when are we going to have a new discussion board question???

No comments: