Sunday, May 10, 2009

High school, the ACT, mothers day, and the primary

All right, so I seem to be getting the hang of this blog writing. Every time that I write on this blog it gets easier and easier to write 500 words! I may just keep writing in this blog once I'm done with honors english. So it seems that for high school I have a lot of honors classes that my parents and counselors are urging me to do, so of course I end up doing it. So next year is going to blow in terms of work and stuff like that. My older brother who's a senior at Davis High is laughing at all the challenges that I will end up having to do in high school.

And on an unrelated note, yesterday my mom asked me to take this ACT practice test for the english portion which my brother says isn't that hard and I ended up getting a 25!! Now if you know anything about the ACT you should know that a grade that high is good! And that was just my first time! I can't wait to end up taking the ACT in high school and knowing that I can score higher than that! It seems like that ACT is the hardest thing that you can possibly do. My brother said it was hard after he finished, even though he scored really high! My older brother took so many preparation classes and bought so many ACT preperation books that I was wondering how he could possibly remember all the information that was told to him. The ACT score is probably the only score that I will be nervous about in my lifetime. I won't be so worried about that UTIPS thing that we took in Thompson last week (which by the way was really easy) but the ACT will make me nervous.

And how about today, Mother's Day! Unfortunatly, we couldn't give my mom the breakfast in bed that we usually do because we have an 8:30 church time so that was too early. So we just ate this nice lunch with chicken (which my mom is allergic to), carrots, and bread. Luckily my mom thought ahead and had my dad make her a salmon just for her. A special Mother's day salmon, how thoughtful of my dad to make that for her.

And today I had to help out with the primary because it was Mother's Day, so I had to play the piano. Unfortunatly I got the songs I was supposed to play like 1 hour before I had to play them, so I had no practice time. Fortunatly I only had to play the melody while our leader sang a song for the children with symbolism about mothers. At least I didn't end up making a fool of myself in front of the entire primary class. And it was the senior class too! So future young women and men were watching me play piano. If it was the junior primary I wouldn't get so freaked out because they wouldn't pay that much attention to it. Oh, and good bye from Junior Mint!!!

No comments: