Sunday, May 24, 2009

Parents

Sorry about that last post, but I felt that I needed to write that for someone. But now I'm going to talk about my new experience as the teacher's quorum president. We are planning an etiquette dinner for our mutual this week. And for some reason my parents are trying to make it the biggest deal in the entire world! They seem to be back-seat judging me as I perform in this task! What I don't understand is the huge deal they're making about it. It seems that if I have to call someone my dad is right on top of it telling me to get on it ASAP! It seems that I won't have a free moment to myself when I plan all this. And beside the fact that my dad seems to still be in pain from his recent shoulder surgery and probably gets really angry at someone if they don't do something perfect and the way that he wants it done. And my parents read this blog every week so they probably will read every word that I'm writing. My leaders seem relaxed about it and it's only my parents that seem the most concerned about the outcome of this activity. It's going to be FINE!!!!

And I know that I've already said this before, but I am extremely excited for high school. It's the chance to start off with a clean slate in classes and hopefully to do the best I can and make a good impression. Once again, my parents are edging me towards the most difficult classes to make a good application for jobs and college. Honestly though, I feel like I'm doing very well in school and that they want everything perfect or else I'm a failure! A's and B's are good grades to have in school, the only problem I would be having is if I were having D's, C's, or F's. But once I'm in high school I can do everything on my own. My brother seems to put himself to bed every night and can do all his homework by himself so I'm wondering why I can't do that now. I'm old enough to handle the pressures of real life; I'm facing one right now with the etiquette dinner. It seems that the only thing that matters to them is that I do everything perfect; they want it to take a long time and so I can work as hard as I can with my entire life. I already know what I want to be and if my brother can do all the stuff he does on a regular basis, so can I.

And another thing about growing up, my parents want me to be perfect in one or two things. But I don't feel that comfortable making a commitment in just a few things when I like to explore around and want to be good at a many things and not just perfect in a few things. Whatever, I still love my parents in spite of all of this.

No comments: