Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life and times of a teenager

I am missing so many of the due dates in honor's english. I looked at the site and I looked at the comma tutorial due date and it was due clear back in february!! I totally thought that I had more time. This term flew by fast but it was one of the harder ones for me. It is teaching me so many things about high school work that I need to get started on. Oh, and my brother is playing lacrosse and he had a game saturday. He unfortunately lost by 1 point! This was his team's first game and they almost won against a school who had a lacrosse program for 5 years. Not bad when you think about it.

I managed to complete 15 service hours for honor's society. I sewed hats all last week for 12 and 1/2 hours and passed out fliers for my mom's role in the church for 2 1/2 hours! That last week was one of the hardest weeks of my life! Finishing something at the last minute is a definite no go.

Today I also watched the Amazing Race. It's this show about groups of 2 people traveling around the world performing tasks that the natives do there. At the end of every leg, the last team to finish might be eliminated from the game and not receive the ultimate prize of $1,000,000! Today the teams were in Russia and one teammate had to strip down to their underwear and run 1.4 miles to the end. Plus, it was in winter, so there was still ice and many other obstacles blocking their way. It was funny to watch them run around in their underwear. Tonight the last team wasn't eliminated but they get a penalty during the next leg of the race. It was pretty depressing to see that team survive and not the last week's team that was eliminated. Last week's challenges were much harder than normal. I thought for sure that they wouldn't be eliminated when the final team jumped on the finish line.

I think that I told you guys about this last week but I can finally solve a rubik's cube! When I first learned to solve it, I still had to watch the video and follow the instructions closely to make sure I didn't make a mistake. Now I can do it really quickly and I've memorized the instructions and everything that I have to do in order to solve the cube that is so hard to master!

I'm also in the spanish plays and I'm super nervous to get started. Monday is the dreaded day when my mom is going to bring the camcorder and video tape me making a fool of myself. It's going to be so embarrassing watching that video later! I'm the wolf in little red riding hood and I'm a little nervous about putting on my costume mainly because the nose smells of that awful plastic scent. I'll have to wear that all day and make sure that I don't mess up my lines. It's going to be a very tough day.

No comments: