Sunday, February 22, 2009

impossible

Right, so according to my blog type thingy, I have written 19 blogs so far.  That means that this is number 20.  That isn't too amazing, but it's astonishing to me to know that I have written a total of 20 blogs each with 500 words.  Now if we multiply that, we get a total of ten thousand words!  That's a lot of words for a young boy such as myself to write.  That's not however why my theme is called impossible.  That will be revealed right now.

So I've been trying for a long time to solve one of man's modern mysteries, how to solve the rubik's cube.  Now when I watch someone try to solve one of these impossible little puzzles, they seem to just be repeating the same thing over and over again.  I didn't know how in the world they managed to do that but now after many youtube videos I finally figured out why.  They're called algorithims and it just means that if you repeat them enough times, it will return back to normal.  This isn't the key to them solving it however.  No algorithim repeated enough times will return an entirely mixed up cube back to it's normal form.  There is multiple algorithims one must memorize in order to solve one of these evil little concotions.  So far all I've been able to solve it the green side and the entire top row.  I'm getting there, and once I solve that retched puzzle it will be so sweet to show everyone.  The one I'm solving is the 3x3x3 cube when a 2x2x2 would probably be an easier puzzle to solve.  However it's the only one I own, what are you going to do about it?

And one of my cousins a few weeks ago achieved a back flip on his snowboard!  Now that really seems impossible, I don't even know how to do a back flip on a trampoline!  Lots of people say that it's the easiest flip that you can do, but I just don't like the idea of putting my head in danger even though I already do that in a front flip.  If anyone has tried to do a backflip and failed, you know what I'm talking about.  I don't know how anyone could do a back flip!  

Now I really want to get back to solving my rubik's cube, but I still need to read more pages in A Tale of Two Cities.  It's finally getting more interesting, but I still have a long way to go before I'm ready to take an AR test or answer any questions about the book.  It's been really slow reading, and I also have to read a book for biology, so I have to read like every day this week in order to finish on time.  Don't get me wrong, I do love to read a good book, but every day just seems a little tiredsome, I have to have some fun in my life.  It's time to get back to the rubik's cube; hopefully I can solve it!

No comments: