Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hello honors english

Hello fellow students of honors english. My name is Thomas Roberts, and this is my first time writing a blog, so bear with me if I completely mess up. I hear we have to write 500 words per blog, and that for me just seems, excessive. I've never written 500 words for any assignment ever, much less every single day, so here I go.

I guess I should start by introducing myself. I'm 14 years old, in Mr. Thompson's english class, and already feeling overwhelmed in 9th grade. I'm an excellent reader. I'm not much of a writer, however, which I hope to get better at by doing these every week. My favorite subject is Science, which i'm really not excited for this year. I have Biology, which already is very hard.

I live in Fruit Heights, Utah, where almost no one knows where that is. It's right next to Layton, on the mountainside. It's very private there, and we have a nice little neighborhood. Most of my friends live right next to me one way or the other. From my house we can see the great salt lake and lots more. Like I said before, we have a ton of work in 9th grade, especially in this class, if anyone can say how to get a word count on you writing, would you please tell me? It would be very helpful.

The book we're reading, the Count of Monte Cristo (the abridged version), so far I've read 25-30 pages of that book, and so far all i've gotten from the book is that a captain dies on this trip out to sea. Then the first mate is poised to become captain, and on that trip dislikes another of the crewman. This crewman when they get back on land is extremely unhappy that he's so successful. He even is about to get married. A few hours before they marry, the police arrive to bring him in. So far they think its nothing but something he forgot to sign, so they can't let him out tell he signs something.

My prediction for what will happen is that he's framed for a murder of his captain and is imprisoned for life. His fiance will be extremely upset and will marry the crewman who I think framed him for the murder. That crewman will likely become captain of the ship and become what this first mate was poised to become. I also read the back, which says that someone there will break him out, and lead him to the treasure of Monte Cristo, which is probably where the story will unfold. He will then steal a ship and attack many ships on the way, therefore earning him the nickname, the Count of Monte Cristo.

I suppose, I'd better wrap this blog up soon. I'm very excited for this year, and working with all the honors english students. Usually my predictions come true in a book, so I'm making an inference just above. You might have a different theory, and I will respect that. Well, it was a bunch of fun blogging just now. I can't wait to do it again and read all of yours later.

2 comments:

smiley101 said...

You tard!!! Don't put ALL of your information on this blog!! Anybody on the internet can read it!!!! Duh!!!

Thomas Roberts said...

Ugh, that hurts my feelings. I fell so stupid, i'm going to kill myself now!!! JK