Wednesday, May 27, 2009

GOLFING!!!!!

For some reason now that it's the end of the year, I feel like I am missing a lot of stuff at school with so little to do homework wise. So I felt like I should write this blog now rather than on Sunday when I normally do it. I was just out golfing and it was insane!!! I had so much fun testing out my new clubs. The new clubs are Adams, which I had never heard about before until my dad took me out to go buy them. So I went to the driving range today and tested out my new clubs. They were very easy to hit, except for my driver, which I fixed after a while. It felt so good watching that ball just zoom out onto the grass when I would smack the ball with little effort on my part. I honestly don't know how golfing works. They're just really tiny clubs that for some reason fly super far when you hit a hard compact ball! Anyway, it was a fun experience and shooting golf balls onto the range is the best. Oh dang, my dad came in with a friend so I was forced to stop writing this so I lost my train of thought. Now it's 10:10 p.m. at night (yea I know what I wrote) and I'm still not done with this very important piece of writing. And when I saw the discussion board post that said that we would get honor's credit and not a grade, I felt relieved. This year was all about trial and error for me. I figured out what worked for me at school and what didn't work and I'm ready to try it out in high school! And of course I'm extremely excited for high school! And this was really cool, I though that by the end of that last sentence I had written 300 words. I checked it on Microsoft Word, and I had exactly 300 words! That is so cool! I really know how this kind of a system works now. Just as you had us copy that quote at the beginning of the year about how if you write a certain amount of words on a daily basis you'll get better, I feel as if I'm gaining something big out of this blog! I never thought I would learn to write well just typing random things on a blog! But when I checked my writing thus far, it was full of grammar mistakes, so just so you guys know it might not be exactly 300 words if you don't believe me and decide to check for yourself. Oh well, I seem to be getting the hang of finding topics while I'm writing to come up with the topics I'll need to succeed. When you had us write that free verse poem today, I wondered how I would ever get that done. I just started with a basketball line and the poem just came out from there! I'm a better writer than I thought!!!

No comments: